Monday, November 1, 2010

Craft Sale

Been a long time since I posted, but I think I finally have something to talk about.  This coming Saturday, November 6, I am planning on selling at the Ames Progressive craft/art sale.  I have sold things only once before this and I am more than a little nervous.  I never know how to price!  Just like on Etsy, if it's too high nobody will buy it, too low, nobody buys it, then I feel like I don't get what I need to make a profit or cover time and expenses.  I know I need to gauge it by audience, BUT I also think of what I could afford, and it isn't much, so the problem continues. 

I need to borrow a table, so I need to call somebody.  I think I will set it up at home first, so I can get an idea of what it will look like. I hate it that I have to take taxes too!  Why is this always a requirement?  I am not a business, or even make that much money doing this! Seems like the "man" always wants a cut no matter how much or how little a person makes.  But I wont get started on that topic now!   

If you are around ISU or Ames Iowa this Saturday check out the Progressive.  Don't forget Christmas is coming, so presents could be bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment